North Carolina's Coastal Plain

Swansboro, NC
I grew up in Cary, North Carolina, right next to the capital Raleigh, in the Piedmont. My best friend Jess lived next door and we would be inseparable during the week, doing everything and nothing with the other neighborhood kids. However, when the weekends hit we would both wave goodbye as our parents scooped us into our family mini vans and each headed down to the coast, her family for fishing, mine for sailing.

The Carolina coast is my home away from home and when I'm lucky enough to visit my parents during the summer they allow me to indulge in all it has to offer.  From lazy days on the outer bank's beaches, windy ones sailing on the Neuse, and stuffing myself with seafood and bbq, the North Carolina coast serves up pure summer contentment.


Shackleford Banks
Wild Horses on Shackleford Banks, NC
 
Cape Hatteras Light House, NC
Emerald Isle, NC

Wilber's Carolina BBQ, Kinston, NC
Oriental, NC (My favorite)


Comments

Popular Posts